Hempsted was formerly a small village school taking children from the local community. Intakes fell in the 1980’s and in 1990 there were only EIGHTY children on roll (3 classes).
During the 1990’s we welcomed many children from outside our traditional catchment area. However, since the construction of the new housing developments in Hempsted most of our children live in the village.
In September each year we admit 30 children in Reception.
When we are oversubscribed for Reception places our criteria for admissions are:
1. Children who have an older brother / sister in school will be admitted up to a limit of 30.
2. Remaining places will be offered to children having the strongest claim on geographical grounds.
For any information regarding admissions please contact the Access to Education Team at Gloucestershire County Council, Tel. (01452) 425407, but, in brief, the process is:
- The Team send out new parent’s information packs in November the year before your child starts school.
- Preference forms need to be returned to the Team at Shire Hall by the stated date.
- Places are offered in April in the year of admission. In view of the possibility of parents not being allocated places, it is imperative the Admissions Team is informed if a place is no longer needed.
- All children are invited into school to participate in Playgroup / School sessions in the Summer Term prior to admission.
- Requests for early admission to school will be agreed in VERY EXCEPTIONAL circumstances.
FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE POLICY AND INFORMATION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW